1996 Retro Nuptse Jacket
- A retro-inspired jacket that's packed with down for cold winter days
- Down insulation with oversized baffles ensures that warmth stays in
- Ripstop shell with DWR treatment keeps off snow and light mixes
- Stowaway hood easily appears on stormy days
- Two-way zipper lets you vent from above or below
- Hand pockets and internal pocket hold small everyday items
- Adjustable hem seals in the warmth on frigid commutes
- Entire jacket stuffs down to fit into its own hand pocket
- Item #TNF04R1
- Q & A
Great bomber jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 155lbs
I feel a moral responsibility to clear up any confusion that previous reviews of this item may have caused. The reason they were saying the fit is weird is because this is a BOMBER jacket. That means it is going to have a retro style of being a little higher on the waist and not going down to the crotch/passed the crotch. That is the intention and the style of the jacket. It does an excellent job of accomplishing this! As soon as I put on this jacket I felt like I was transported back to 1995 and all the nostalgic memories of the time came back. I have received tons of compliments on this jacket as the retro style is definitely in right now.
So fret not!! Order the size that you would normally order, and the sleeves are going to be perfect and the jacket itself will feel a little short but that is the style and you will have to think about how to respond once you get 10,000 compliments.
Looks good, feels nice to wear, but...
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 180lbs
The fitting is very odd. I am usually a large in every other jacket i own, including North Face jackets, but i feel like i should have sized up. However, sizing up would have made the sleeves go past my fingers, so the size i have now fits me fine everywhere, except the waist. the waist is pretty high on me.
Too short, and too little down
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: large
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 190lbs
returned. NF is going down hill
Does this Jacket allow for attaching to a compatible shell on the sleeves and zipper in like the original Nuptse did?
The 1996 retro model above is not compatible in that way, Michael. Thank you for your question.
when will the products which are unavailable now be available？there are many sizes unavailable
We've got a bunch of sizes coming in over the next month or two.
Will this jacket work well for downhill skiing?
It would be fine for downhill skiing, although it is extremely warm. It's not waterproof and does not have a powder skirt so that is also something to consider.