They call you the master packer.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Lightweight trekking backpack for minimalist overnighters
- Cushy suspension adjusts vertically and horizontally for a great fit
- Top and front access points offer versatile packing and unpacking
- Carry systems for hydration reservoirs, first aid kits, and poles
- Rain cover shields your camping gear from wet weather
- Item #TAK000V
- Q & A
Great Travel Pack
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
My wife and I used this as our sole luggage for a week in the Amalfi Coast, Italy. We were easily able to pack a weeks worth of shirts, shorts, a few pairs of shoes and toiletries into the main compartment, adding valuables and smaller items like chargers and books into the upper compartments.
Thanks to the main compartment zipper, access to our clothes was very simple, and with the addition of packing cubes, unpacking and packing was a synch. The pack could have taken another 10-15 litres in the upper section.
The elasticated side pockets took water bottles easily, even when fully packed, and the front pocket also had plenty of room left to stuff light rain jackets if needed.
At spot on 50lbs, the pack was comfortable. The carry system is very adjustable and I was easily able to climb up and down the hundreds of stairs scaling the cliffs of the coastal towns.
By taking the top section off, the pack can be used as a daypack and easily passes as handluggage.
Fully loaded it did need to be checked baggage.
Many of the straps came with built-in retainers, allowing you to keep everything tidy.
Size wise, I am 5' 8" and found my Medium pack most comfortable maxed out. So if you're taller, you will need to look at larger sizes.
All in all, I'm very happy with this pack.