The Swiftwick Aspire Two Socks have a two inch cuff height. These are the most traditional of their Aspire line -- not short like a runner or triathlete might wear and not as tall as what's en-vogue in the Pro cycling peloton these days.
The Aspire Socks are created by a 200-needle machine process that yields a high density, seamless knit fabric. The process allows variability in the finished knit of the socks, as different parts meet different performance requirements. For example, the cushioned footbed gives way to the thin channeled upper -- both components playing a crucial role to increase your comfort. When you slip into a pair of Aspire Socks, you'll immediately feel that they're tailored for your feet. The arch band offers snug support in the midfoot, and the Y-shaped heel contour assures no bunching or overstretched feeling in the back.
The dense nature of the material all but guarantees durability when combined with the abrasion resistant properties of Olefin, one of the prime components of the foot of the sock. Olefin is a lightweight polypropylene fiber that Swiftwick sources from US manufacturers. Then the socks are created in Tennessee in Swiftwick's own factory, where they can oversee every step of the process to ensure tight quality control. The Olefin wicks like crazy to keep your feet dry, but removing moisture from your skin is only half the story. Olefin is also hydrophobic and will not absorb water, so the moisture transfer is complete all the way to the outside of the sock. You'll stay dry, comfortable, and blister free since the socks move with your feet and minimize (or eliminate) abrasion against your skin.
Several knitting patterns in the footbed and cuff give the Aspire socks a compression nature which promotes blood flow in the feet, improving flow throughout the lower legs. And as you might guess, improved vascular performance means reduced fatigue and speedier recovery. The Swiftwick Aspire Two Socks are available in Black, Grey, and White and come in four sizes from Small to X-Large. It's worth noting that the fibers used in Swiftwick socks are colored during their creation. In comparison to socks that are dyed after knitting, this makes Swiftwick socks stronger and more durable.
- Synthetic Olefin fiber dries quickly, breathes, wicks moisture, and resists the growth of odor-causing microbes while also remaining impervious to chemicals and perspiration
- This durable, versatile polymer that won the Nobel Prize in 1996 produces very little waste during manufacturing, and is easily recyclable to reduce environmental impact
- Seamless prevents rubbing and blistering during long rides or runs
- Olefin toe and heel provide long-lasting durability as well as great breathability
- Nylon and spandex arch hugs your foot's natural shape so it doesn't move as you exercise
- Y-Heel contour anchors the heel and moves with your foot, not with your shoe's collar
- Lightweight top of foot encourages ample breathability and isn't bulky
- Thicker Olefin sole provides extra breathability and a little cushioning to reduce impact
- Compression double-layer cuff doesn't move no matter what you do with your summer day
- Ankle height with two-inch cuff prevents collar rubbing from running, cycling, or golf shoes while providing breathability during hot days
- Item #SWF0021
What do you think about this product?
December 9, 2018
Swiftwick is always great
I bought 5 pairs of these socks for winter running and indoor cycling and training. Love the fit and they last forever. Always a great choice!
August 17, 2016
Quality breathable athletic sock
They've stood up to some abuse and do extremely well. snug fitting, breathable, quick to dry - no complaints at all
June 30, 2016
Durable + Compression = Love
Swiftwick socks are fantastic. Nice and snug to your leg, no sliding up and down., and durable to withstand many wash cycles. It is one of those socks that you could feasibly buy 2-3 pairs and rotate those through consistently and not see the sock break down. For those of you that wear out socks and take pride in it... Good luck wearing these ones out... Happy cruising out there!
October 24, 2012
Swiftwick makes an awesome pair of socks. The material grips every part of your foot with no movement. I wear an 11.5 shoe and the L fit me perfectly. I would describe as very tight race fit. i could easily also tolerate an XL. It definitely has a synthetic fell to them but stays in place with no movement.