Select style & size:Select options
Igniter II MIPS Helmet
Don't let anyone fool you—wearing helmets is cool, and with the thoroughly ventilated Sweet Protection Igniter II MIPS Helmet, it'll be cool in more ways than one. Designed with high-intensity backcountry and freeride skiing in mind, this lightweight helmet has enough protection and performance to shred everything from high altitude powder lines to freshly groomed blue-square rippers. As long as saving weight and staying cool are important to you you'll love rocking this helmet. It's got front-to-back vents allowing airflow and preventing overheating when you really work up a sweat on deep powder runs, and an ultralight yet highly impact-resistant ABS thermoplastic shell.
For effective protection, this helmet is outfitted with MIPS technology, which protects you during angled impacts more effectively than a standard helmet by allowing the MIPS layer to slide on impact and reduce rotational force on the brain. It's also got an Impact Shield liner that distributes impact force from the inside of the helmet over larger areas, to reduce and absorb shock in the front and back where protection is most needed. Once you're done gushing over the technical protection, you can jam out in waist deep snow with the Audio Ready system, and stay comfortable with the updated interior that makes adjustment quick and easy.
- A lightweight and ventilated helmet for backcountry ripping
- Front to back vents ensure temperature regulation on long descents
- MIPS technology reduces rotational forces on the brain during impact
- Thermoplastic shell is tough and durable without the weight
- Impact shield absorbs and disperses shock in the front and back
- Turndial fit system lets you quickly adjust the interior fit
- Audio Ready system makes jamming out easier than ever
- Item #SET003C
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I must say this helmet has saved me 3 times on the slopes between trees.
It is light and fits comfortably. I have tried a few brands and this is the one that fits me the best. I like the quality of the materials used, especially the chin strap, it's soft and it does't irritate my skin. Also, some might not like it but the magnetic locking systems is simple and secure.