Select Style & Size
Sport tracking and navigation for discerning athletes.
Upgraded with its premium titanium bezel, the Suunto Spartan Ultra Titanium Heart Rate Monitor represents the upscale version of the next-generation sport tracker and GPS navigation watch. This advanced activity watch features 80 sport modes alongside Heatmap navigation of common activity routes. The included Smart Sensor feeds accurate heart rate metrics to the watch in real-time with its Bluetooth Smart capabilities. For keeping tabs on your personal performance and viewing areas for improvement, the Spartan Ultra syncs with Suunto's Movescount app. This computer and smartphone-based app (check specs for compatibility) compares your personal metrics against the best athletes in your age category, also working as a training program for your favorite sports and athletic disciplines.
One of the watch's biggest selling points is the vast amount of supported sport profiles, ranging from common sports like running, swimming, and cycling to adventure activities, such as ski touring and hiking. Real-time metrics like pace, speed, distance, altitude, heart rate, and calories are delivered on an easy-to-read color display. Recovery time and feeling trends keep tabs on your body's limits, letting you know when you're ready for that next set of intervals or high-cadence training ride. As a convenient bonus for daily use, there's 24/7 activity tracking with steps taken and calories burned.
The integrated GPS receiver features GLONASS tracking for faster acquisition of satellites, meaning you won't have to wait for extended periods when you're locking onto a signal. Route planning is set-up with the Movescount app, which allows you to download routes for a variety of outdoor activities ahead of your trail run, bike ride, or open water swim. As you're navigating through your environment, the watch gives an accurate readout of current altitude, vertical speed on ascents, total ascent/descent stats, and temperature. These stats are especially handy on ski tours, trail runs, and backcountry hikes.
- Sport tracker and high-accuracy GPS watch
- Premium titanium bezel and sapphire crystal face
- Supports over 80 sports with racing and intervals
- Movescount app uploads personal metrics and exercise data
- 24/7 activity tracker counts calories burned and steps taken
- Measures pace, speed, distance, altitude, and heart rate
- Included Suunto Speed Sensor with heart rate belt
- Each watch is handmade in Finland for premium quality
- Item #SUN001Z
- Housing Material
- [case] nylon, [bezel] space-grade titanium
- Strap Material
- Face Material
- sapphire crystal
- yes, current altitude
- yes, barometric altimeter
- Heart Rate Monitor
- yes, included Suunto Smart Sensor
- Technical Features
- GPS watch with Heart Rate monitor, color touchscreen, supports over 80 sports with racing and intervals, *training load, rest & recovery, progress metrics, training plans, *peer-to-peer coaching, *distance, cycling power, and altitude-based personal bests, *personal bests & training insight comparisons with peer group, *with Suunto Movescount app only
- yes, Bluetooth Smart (not compatible with ANT+)
- Operating System
- Movescount app for Intel-based Macs: OS X 10.10 or later, Movescount app for PCs: Windows 7, 8, 10, Movescount app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: iOS 8.0 or later, Movescount app for Android devices: Android 4.3 and later (available by end of September '16), compatible with Strava, TrainingPeaks, MapMyFitness, and others
- 1 daily alarm
- yes, 100 meters
- Battery Type
- rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life
- [Full Power: best GPS accuracy] 18 hours, [Power Saver: good GPS accuracy] 26 hours
- Low Battery Indicator
- yes, displays remaining battery percentage
- Spartan Ultra Titanium, Suunto Smart Sensor, heart rate belt (size medium), USB cable, quick guide, warranty leaflet
- Face Size
- 50 mm
- Recommended Use
- running, swimming, cycling, triathlon, ski touring, hiking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
January 3, 2018
well, it's good at telling time...
- I've used it several times
Lets start with the pros, because there are things that I like about the watch. It's very comfortable to wear, and the overall build quality feels really high, as you'd expect from a watch at this price point. The watch interface options are also appealing and plentiful, you'll surely find a time piece screen that appeals to you. The bluetooth connects easily, and it was quickly delivering notifications from my iphone with a gentle vibration. These are all good things, but all things that basically every smart watch on the market will do for you, many at a much lower price. Now the negatives. The software is downright awful, on the watch itself, the app, and the website. Watch UX is very hard, not a lot of real estate to work with, so the software needs to be smart, and the user needs the ability to set up the watch in a way that will work for them. I dont need 80 activities to choose from, when all I do is run, ski and bike. And within running, skiing, and biking, I only care to track a minimal number of metrics. Let's take skiing. I want to track vertical, location, distance, and heart rate throughout the session. Instead of being session based, the watch tries to determine when your run is over and stops tracking at that point. So unless you want to pull out your watch every time you pull up to the lift, it is essentially useless on the slopes. If you're in the backcountry doing some touring, dont even try to use it. It can't decipher between hiking and skiing without switching activities. You'd think backcountry touring would be a highlight use case for this watch and it's hardware features. Unfortunately the software completely lets you down. Lastly, and this may be the most disappointing part of my whole experience, is that when I called customer service to share with them my displeasure using the watch, they told me "you can sell it on ebay." While I was aware of the lack of return policy for custom designs when I ordered the watch, I also didn't anticipate being so grossly disappointing in the experience using a watch that claims to be the best in its class (and priced that way). In addition to telling me I could take it to the secondary market (where they are fetching a whopping ~$180), she told me that if I would have called within 30 days maybe they could help me. I bought it on 11/27/2017 and called customer service on 1/3/2018. 33 days. To me, this says they are not a company looking to keep your business for life, they're happy selling you once and don't care about your experience with the product. I will never recommend Suunto to a customer, colleague, friend, family member, or fellow outdoor professional again. What a poor experience start to finish. I'm guessing within a matter of months it will be in a drawer collecting dust with some old iPods.
May 25, 2018
For the price, these watches have a long way to go. Buy at REI next time where you have 90 days to return.
October 13, 2016
What a watch!!!
The titanium bezel is a fantastic upgrade paired with the sapphire crystal, making this watch both eye catching and functional for all outdoor enthusiast! The sleek design with out the bulking antenna nose on the front is another great update!http://www.runnersworld.com/gear-check/highlights-from-the-2016-summer-outdoor-retailer-expo/slide/7