Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Bar Tape
Select style & size:Select options
Super Sticky Kush Bar Tape
It's easy to write off bar tape as just being bar tape—that is, it's easy until you spend countless hours gripping it over the course of a given season. The right blend of grip, cushion, and—yes—style matter, and Supacaz's Super Sticky Kush Bar Tape excels at all three, proving that style and substance aren't mutually exclusive. That makes Sagan, who's ridden Sticky Cush to three world championships, the perfect spokesperson for the brand.
Sticky Cush is Supacaz's tackiest tape, making it the ideal choice for bar tape purists who appreciate a touch of comfort but only as long as it doesn't muddy bar feel. It resists the elements, both dry and wet, and ensures that a bit of a spring shower doesn't mean your hands will slip off the bars at the slightest bump in the road. When those bumps do happen, the thin-yet-effective Kush cushioning keeps chatter to a minimum.
Finally, this tape warrants a note about style. Whether you go classic black or opt for one of Supacaz's bright colorways, the subtle embossed branding and clean aesthetics add classy flair to any cockpit. The end caps are aluminum—no cheap plastic here—and the rubberized finishing tape makes the strongest case we've yet encountered to leave the electrical tape in the drawer.
- Bar tape for the discerning and demanding cyclist
- Durable face resists the elements and stays tacky when wet
- Light cushion absorbs road noise without impeding bar feel
- Aluminum bar plugs add a touch of luxury
- Included finishing tape is a step above the industry standard
- Item #SZZ0001
- Q & A
You Get What You Pay For
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I put this on my gravel/monstercross bike and its been pretty decent. Here's what I've noticed about them so far.
- Has a great feel to them. They are grippy to hold onto and so far haven't gotten gross with dust/dirt. I plan on riding it in all conditions and want to be able to hold on when its wet or muddy out. They seem like they are able to be cleaned easily if need be.
- Look very impressive. I went with the black/oil slick bar ends and they do look pretty awesome on the bike. There are a lot of other color options if you do want some colorful pop to the bike.
- The tape really does stretch nicely and looks great. Funny to include that as a pro, but really is nice.
- Price, without a doubt. There are some very nice alternatives for half the price, but the included aluminum bar ends are a nice touch (though I will note, the "oil slick" is more of a purple)
- Wouldn't mind it being a slightly thicker bar wrap.
- Don't include a precut piece of wrap for under the brifter. There should be plenty to be able to cut a piece off, but for the way that many people wrap bars, would be nice to be included.