Select Style & Size
12 Sport Balance Bike
When many of us learned to ride a bike we started out with training wheels until our parents made the risky commitment of removing the training wheels and pushing us off, nervously hoping that we didn't hit a fence or parked car. These days kids have it easy, because you can start them off right with the Strider 12 Sport. With a Strider kick bike, you can watch your child go from sitting and walking, to sitting and striding, to full blown riding. It's revolutionized the way kids learn to ride, providing a safer and more gradual progression that naturally teaches them how to balance a bike. And the best part is you can start them off even younger, as the 12-inch wheels are perfect for toddlers, and you can adjust the seat and handlebar height to fit them properly as they grow.
Strider makes three different versions of 12in-wheeled balance bikes, with the Sport model sitting smack dab in the middle and serving as their best all-around model. While it lacks the ultra-lightweight aluminum frame of the Strider 12 Pro, it does offer several important features over the entry-level 12 Classic, such as performance footrests, no-tool assembly with easy-adjust clamps, and two sizes of seatposts that let's you adapt the bike to fit your child as they grow.
- A balance bike that helps your toddler learn to ride
- Teaches them to balance using a safer, more gradual progression
- Adjustable seatpost and handlebar height adapts the fit as they grow
- Performance footrests encourage coasting as confidence increases
- Convenient tool-free assembly and easy-adjust clamps
- Tough, reliable steel frame can handle being thrown around
- Sealed bearing wheels and flat-free foam tires require no maintenance
- Ideal for kids ranging from 18 months to 5 years old
- Item #STDA00U
- Frame Material
- steel handlebar with safety pad, adjustable height 18 - 22in
- mini grips
- ergonomic padded seat
- adjustable height 11 - 19in, includes standard and x-large seatposts
- ultralight molded wheels with maintenance-free sealed cartridge bearings
- sealed cartridge bearings
- flat-free foam rubber tires
- Tire Size
- built-in footrests
- Recommended Use
What do you think about this product?
September 21, 2020
Best B-Day gift for my 2 years old toddl
My energetic kid enjoyed a lot his very first bike. And I loved it cause it is also safe for him.
December 30, 2019
- I've used it several times
I bought this bike for my son who was 1.5 years old when he got it. Has been using it for the last year. It's light enough for him to handle and maneuver while he walks with it. Install was really simple and easy. Appears to be durable enough to last for many years (future children).
July 7, 2019
What is the weight of this balance bike? I see the pro version is ~ 5lbs but this description doesn’t say how light this version is. Would like to compare to determine if the weight difference is worth the price.