Select a Size
Select a Color
Ozone Hooded Jacket
Most insulated ski shells trap the heat inside due to their waterproofing, and then you feel like there's a swamp on your chest before you even get second tracks in the backcountry. A lot of backcountry enthusiasts opt for a shell without insulation, but their sweaty baselayers turn you into a climate very similar to the one you enjoy skiing through. The Strafe Outerwear Men's Ozone Hooded Jacket uses Polartec's advanced NeoShell fabric and Alpha insulation to enhance the jacket's breathability so you can stay warm and comfy whether you're sweating on the skin track or skiing a heavenly powder day at the resort.
Both NeoShell and Alpha are air permeable to breathe better than standard, breathable fabrics. With fully taped seams, NeoShell is also remarkably waterproof to keep you dry when snow's flowing overhead. Strafe added just a touch of Alpha insulation because you're bound to create most of your own warmth when you're touring, and you can always add a midlayer or two on really frigid days. The powder skirt is also worth gloating over since it features four-way stretch fabric, a water-resistant treatment, and you can remove or adjust it at your own convenience.
- Insulated ski shell with advanced breathability for the backcountry
- Waterproof Polartec NeoShell permeates air through the fabric
- Light Polartec Alpha insulation is also air permeable
- Underarm ventilation with mesh linings to keep snow out
- Adjustable powder skirt is removable for groomer days
- Helmet-compatible hood with three-point adjustment
- Seamless shoulders pair well with backpacks
- Item #SFO0011
- [membrane/laminate] Polartec NeoShell
- Polartec Alpha
- fully sealed
- adjustable, helmet-compatible
- 2 chest, 1 internal media, 1 pass, 2 hand
- underarm, mesh lining
- Powder Skirt
- 4-way stretch, DWR, adjustable, removable
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
June 3, 2020
Size down and first impression
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 175 lbs
Looking forward to winter again, got the jacket on sale. Its nice fitting with comfy wrist gaters. The zippers all work smoothly. Interior torso lining is the Alpha fleece like surface that feels soft & cozy. Size wize i normally wear a Large in most everything but this jacket runs big so i got a medium. It fits well w/ amply arm length and no binding in shoulders or elbows when i hug myself.
December 27, 2019
Best Jacket Ever
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 7"
- 150 lbs
This is the best jacket I’ve ever worn. Been snowboarding for twenty plus years now and I finally came across the greatest jacket ever, it’s super Cush and just crazy cozy fabric. I live in aspen Colorado and the cold never gets to me now. I couldn’t be happier with this purchase and the people at strafe are some of the best around. They are all great people to start with and some amazing athletes that believe in their gear and put it to the test everyday they can.
February 2, 2018
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
The ozone jacket fits pretty big I recommend sizing down, unless you like it to fit longer. Its made from really durable material, and will last you for a long time. Lots of functional pockets