Made for pros.
While everyone stays inside locked away from the cold, you’re braving the elements with the Strafe Outerwear Men's Highlands Pant. An incredible force against nature, this pant is made with a waterproof three-layer Polartec NeoShell crafted from two-way stretch 20D ripstop nylon and fabric and brushed tricot fleece lining. Despite its durable construction, this pant is comfortably breathable and toasty with its Polartec Alpha insulation. This type of insulation was originally developed for US Special Operations Forces, but Strafe Outerwear decided that rugged skiers deserve the same protection.
The Highlands Pant not only protects you from icy temperatures and piles of snow, but it also offers unparalleled flexibility to give you the freedom to move. An adjustable waist and elastic gaiters provide a secure fit, and in case you feel a little overheated, simply use the mesh internal thigh vents to dump excess heat and stay fresh. This pant also features articulated knees for increased resilience and convenient side zips to accommodate your boots.
- Three-layer Polartec NeoShell
- Two-way stretch fabric
- 20D ripstop nylon
- Brushed tricot fleece lining
- Polartec Alpha insulation
- Articulated knees
- Mesh internal thigh vents
- Adjustable waist
- Elastic gaiters, side zips
- Item #SFO000B
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 175lbs
Purchased and returned these pants due to a tighter than expected fit, more than likely due to the fact that the fit was not adjusted to accommodate the insulation.
Strafe makes a bomber Nomad jacket wish is among the best shells I've ever worn in 40+ years of skiing. That being said, the attention to detail on these pants is comparatively lacking.
• The size chart sates that a medium will fit a 32-34 inch waist. I'm a solid 32 inch waist and these pants were really tight through the pelvis, exactly where you don't want to feel restricted when you're (I'm) skiing. The legs are perfect and the length is perfect (33inch inseam). But even my girl said, "ski pants shouldn't make your butt look that good".
• Despite the description, there isn't a square inch of brushed fleece anywhere in this garment. I actually wondered if I'd been shipped a pre-release "test" pair. The liner was cold, tent-fly-like feeling, no fleece. At least, not anything I would describe as "brushed" or "fleece".
• At this price point, the boot gaitors should include zips and snaps just like the cuffs.
Can't say anything about their performance or durability, but I can say that Neoshell is very light and very flexible.
A few small tweaks and these pants would be fantastic.