Merino Blend 1/4 Zip Baselayer Top
The Stoic Merino Blend 1/4 Zip Baselayer Top features MerinoEdge, a technical blend of wool and polyester that's stronger than merino alone yet still delivers everything you love about it. Wool offers temperature regulation and odor resistance on cold winter days, while polyester adds strength and increased moisture-wicking comfort. A 1/4-zip mock-neck can be zipped open when you need to cool off, while the next-to-skin fit makes it easy to layer up on frigid ski trips.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Baselayer top for skiing, snowboarding, or camping
- Wool-poly blend offers wicking warmth and odor resistance
- Zip neck helps you regulate your temperatures
- Next-to-skin fit provides easy layering options
- Ethically farmed wool sourced from non-mulesed sheep
- Item #SIC00EZ
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XXL
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 200lbs
I have purchased a number versions of this Stoic product of this over the past several years (all in XXL) and they all fit me great. Unfortunately not this time. This version is a significant change in fit.
- The torso length is adequate.
- The chest is more like a size large, unusably tight.
- The sleeves are a full 3" shorter than previous versions of this garment
Size up if it's not your base layer
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 210lbs
Sizing: It is indeed form-fitting. If you like to wear t-shirts a little loose, then size up one notch. If you intend to wear it over something form-fitting, also size up one.
Fabric: It's different than Stoic merino blend I had from 2011-2016. This feels sleeker and smoother, like it has less merino content--but I don't know if it does.
Seams and quality: Everything looks good. The zipper on mine doesn't run straight down the middle, and kinks a little at the bottom. After washing, everything is the same as when it was fresh out of the package.
This was a good buy, especially when considering the price:quality ratio of other merino baselayers out there.