The Evolution Velocity is Sterling's best-selling climbing rope—probably because Chris Sharma climbs with it—and the new DryXP treatment and bi-patterning make the Evolution Velocity BiColor DryXP Rope the best-of-the-best. The DryXP treatment is Sterling's first treatment to actually meet UIAA's standards for water-repellency, and its excelled resistance against abrasion and absorption help this rope last longer than untreated Evolution ropes. This option also has a clear, obviously visible middle marker indicated by different colors instead of patterns that fade overtime.
- Sterling's best-selling rope for sport climbing
- Versatile 9.8mm suitable for beginners and experts alike
- DryXP treatment meets UIAA standards for water repellency
- Bicolor pattern helps find the center faster for easier rappels
- Item #STE002H
- Q & A
Amazing company, amazing shipping time!
Above and beyond customer support and follow up! Super impressed, I got a actual call from an actual person to touch base with me after my purchase. Officially not ordering from REI anymore!!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
A total workhorse and great all around rope. Great on the rock, but still performs well in Ice and Snow with the Dry XP. Whether you're a pitching it out in the alpine or rigged for glacier travel, absolute essential for the quiver.