Use the Sterling Long Chain Reactor Canyon Sling as a replacement for your traditional sewn daisy chain. The burly Chain Reactor boasts a strength rating of 17.5kN, and can handle up to three fall-factor-two drops.
- Can extend a rappel device brake for added safety during sketchy, wet descents
- Full-strength, abrasion-resistant extension of harness tie-in point for when you top out a route
- Climbers can use the Chain reactor to replace their old Daisy Chain
- Kayakers can use the Chain Reactor as a tow or rescue line
- Item #STE0066
- nylon webbing
- 17.5 kN
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 14, 2013
Best Anchor Chain I've Seen
- I've put it through the wringer
I bought this after intensely studying the anchor chains available on the market. Even though it does not feel as strong as the Metolius PAS, it does the job much better. I am able to clip in to an anchor almost anywhere, and the extra length allows me to use it for tandem rappels and buddy climbing with newbies. It is the only anchor chain I am comfortable taking a fall on. It is made out of exactly the same material as nylon webbing (I'm pretty sure it actually is nylon anchor webbing.) My only problem is that the extra length is a little bulky when stored on the harness, but that is such a minor gripe that it is almost worth not mentioning. At this price, I don't know why every climber doesn't have one of these.
May 19, 2013
how long is it?
how long is it?
July 7, 2013
I believe it is 41'' long