Select Style & Size
NX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
The NX Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur provides the same precise, reliable performance you expect from Eagle, with the lowest barrier to entry we've seen yet. It shares the same technology as its pricier GX, XO1, and XX1 counterparts, but uses more budget-friendly materials for its construction. The best part is that it's compatible with all levels of Eagle drivetrain, giving you an affordable replacement option if you manage to bust your derailleur on a rock or break it during a crash.
Instead of the carbon or aluminum cages found on the higher-end Eagle derailleurs, NX uses a steel cage to keep the cost down without sacrificing durability, though this does come with a minor weight penalty. It has the same X-Horizon design that eliminates ghost shifting and reduces shift force, as well as the 14t X-Sync lower pulley that facilitates the 10 - 50t or 11 - 50t cassette capacity. Continuing with SRAM's signature technologies, X-Actuation and the Type-3 Roller Bearing Clutch work together to provide quick, seamless shifting with quiet operation and no chain slap. It even has the Cage Lock button that lets you lock the derailleur in place to slacken the chain, simplifying wheel removal and installation.
- Wallet-friendly rear derailleur for Eagle drivetrains
- Compatible with all Eagle 1x12 systems: NX, GX, XO1, XX1
- Steel cage lowers cost without sacrificing durability
- X-Horizon design eliminates ghost shifting & reduces shift force
- X-Sync lower pulley works with 10 - 50t & 11 - 50t Eagle cassettes
- X-Actuation allows quick, precise shifts across the entire cassette
- Roller bearing clutch eliminates chain slap for quiet operation
- Cage lock slackens chain for easy wheel removal/installation
- Item #SRM00EJ
- steel, aluminum
- Pull Type
- Cage Length
- Cassette Range
- 10 - 50t, 11 - 50t
- Eagle 12-speed drivetrains
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
June 13, 2020
My SRAM eagle SX derailleur broke off at the hanger, hanger intact, sx plastic body broke. I have a 12-speed cassette and a 32 tooth chainring. Can I use a different derailleur, such as an NX of GX (better quality)? Are these derailleurs made of a more robust housing, and are would they be plug and play with my current set up?