Select Style & Size
Guide T Disc Brake
As the newest introduction into SRAM's Guide line-up, the Guide T Disc Brake delivers the legendary stopping power and precise modulation that's made Guide Disc Brakes a favorite of aggressive trail riders the world over. It's priced to please your budget, slotted in just below the Guide R Disc Brakes in terms of overall affordability, but without sacrificing the Guide R's level of braking modulation or stopping power on the trail.
Although it's priced to please, the Guide T Disc Brakes use the same four-caliper, dual-diameter piston as found on the Guide R Disc Brakes, providing you with reliable stopping power and high levels of modulation as you check speed rolling into technical terrain. Heat Shield technology reduces the caliper's fluid temperature on scorching descents, meaning your brakes won't become mushy or ineffective half-way down. Plus, it's MatchMaker compatible for a cleaner cockpit if you're running a SRAM drivetrain.
- Guide R braking performance at a more attractive price
- Uses the same four-caliper piston as the Guide R Brakes
- Direct Link lever design for ergonomic braking control
- Bleeding Edge minimizes contamination during bleeding
- Heat Shield prevents loss of braking power on descents
- MatchMaker compatible for a cleaner cockpit
- Comes with steel-backed organic pads
- SRAM CenterLine Rotors not included
- Item #SRM00D8
- 4--piston (dual-diameter)
- Mount Type
- not included
- Claimed Weight
- 280 g
- Recommended Use
- enduro, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
July 4, 2019
- I've put it through the wringer
These brakes are terrible. No stopping power. Way under-powered compared to XT 2-piston brakes. Even after a full bleed need two fingers to brake.
March 6, 2020
I got Guide T brakes with my Giant Trance as OE. I'm used to XT's, which I prefer, but once I got used to the Guides, I thought they were okay. I ended up replacing them with XT's since my other bikes have them, but I found their one finger stopping power to be pretty good.