Dare Tailored Gore-Tex Pant
Venture into the winter wilderness with the Spyder Dare Tailored Gore-Tex Pant to ensure you stay dry and warm throughout your skiing, snowboarding, or snowshoeing outing. The 2L Gore-Tex membrane and fully taped seams keep the weather out while also wicking moisture off your layers and allowing excess heat to escape. When the weather is extra cold the 3M Thinsulate insulation will trap enough body heat to keep you warm and mobile, while the large thigh vents will let you dump that excess heat when the temperatures rise to ensure you are always performing at your best.
- Adventure ready snow pants that thrive in all winter conditions
- 2L Gore-Tex membrane keeps weather out while wicking moisture
- 3M Thinsulate insulation traps heat to keep you moving
- Fully taped seams help prevent water from sneaking in
- Adjustable suspenders hold your pants in place from start to finish
- Thigh ventilation system dumps excess heat during rigorous periods
- Reinforced scuff cuff boosts the longevity of these pants
- Item #SPD014A
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: Med
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 165lbs
I've been skiing 25+ years, no one can touch Spyder for quality/functionality/value combo. I have a pair of these (normal cut), so decided to take the plunge for the "tailored" fit. I love it -- gets rid of all the excess material bulk. I deducted a star simply because the Med sized tailored waist dropped a good 1.5+ inches from the Med normal cut -- didn't expect such a huge drop. At least I am now motivated to lose another inch or 2. Functionally, about the only pair of ski pants that may be better is Spyder's Bormio top of the line pants. The zip vents work well to dump heat (40F+), and using a thin Merino wool baselayer, I never got chilled even in below zero wind chills. Crushed it. Yes, skied in a Utah blizzard, and never got wet. Cool factor: sitting on the chair lift, I could "see" my body heat evaporating through the pants, melting newly fallen snow on them, yet water beaded up and just rolled off, never soaked through. At 5' 8", I am also glad this came in a "Short" inseam -- less bulk than "normal".