Sportful Fiandre Light WS Jacket - Women's
Fiandre Light WS Jacket
Though it's got "Light" right there in the title, Sportful's Fiandre Light WS Jacket is the most insulated of the Fiandre line, placing it at the top of Sportful kit that we use for cold (35 - 50 degrees Fahrenheit) rides in winter. It's combination of warmth, wind and waterproofing, and breathability mean it's well suited for long hours of low-intensity base miles and intervals alike; however, the jacket may be too warm during hard efforts when the thermometer gets up into the mid-50s, so consider a lighter option for late-spring hill repeats. (Fair warning: You might miss the extra protection on the way back down, though.) The jacket is, essentially, a light winter jacket, and we find that combining it with the right thermal base layer lets it cover the gap from November through February.
Gore's Windstopper 4 Way Light fabric is the key to the Fiandre Light WS's versatility. It's windproof, waterproof, and breathable—not surprising considering it says "Gore" on it—and it also stretches more than a traditional shell, so Sportful can cut the jacket in a race-worthy fit. The fit is further complemented by a lighter panel of Sportful's DWR-treated NoRain thermal material between pockets and shoulder blades, which enhances stretch, breathability, and temperature regulation without sacrificing water-resistance. The coverage extends in all directions with a tall, ergonomic collar, an extended rear hem, and elastic cuffs that clamp down on gloves' wrist cuffs to eliminate gaps.
- A mid-weight cycling jacket for fall, winter, and spring
- Gore Windstopper membrane is wind- and waterproof
- Center back panel is lighter for more breathability
- Form-fitting, race-ready design reduces excess material
- Extended collar cut for aggressive position on the bike
- Storage options include the all-important zip security pocket
- Reflective strips boost overall visibility in dim, overcast weather
- Sportful recommends for 40 - 70° F; thermal layering carries it into the 30s
- Item #STF0084
- Q & A
Great For Winter Riding
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Very happy with this jacket. I am 5’4” and 125 lbs and find a medium to be very comfortable...leaving room for a base layer or two. Fits aerodynamically without hugging my winter curves. Rode in below-freezing temps without feeling chilled. Highly recommended. Yellow is definitely the way to go to be seen by drivers.