Select a Size
Select a Color
S-Works Recon Mountain Bike Shoe
The S-Works series consists of the most advanced biking gear from Specialized, and the S-Works Recon Mountain Bike Shoe achieves the level of mountain performance that cross-country racers demand. As a premier bike shoe, the S-Works Recon's carbon plate is the lightest, stiffest option that Specialized makes, and it's fine-tuned for transferring all your power to the pedal. The upper is made out of Dyneema mesh bonded between layers of four-way stretch and TPU for malleability in key areas and a formed fit. Extra room in the toebox provides better connectivity and overall comfort, while the PadLock heel counter locks your foot in place for a slip-proof feel.
Specialized also employed its scientifically tested Body Geometry to align your hip, knees, and feet for boosted power and reduced chance of injury. The footbed reduces hot spots by putting less pressure on nerves and arteries. A wedge underneath the footbed offers greater arch support, too. And for a little fashion with your function, Specialized added its custom S3 Boa dials; their CNC'd alloy dials add panache, precise micro-adjustments, and long-lasting durability. The titanium alloy cleat nuts rotate to position pedals and cleats with 5mm rearward.
- Trail-tackling race shoe perfected for cross-country
- Carbon plate is the lightest, stiffest plate from Specialized
- Dyneema mesh upper bonded between layers of mesh and tough TPU
- PadLock heel ensures a slip-proof fit for increased acceleration
- Body Geometry aligns hip, knees, and feet for boosted power
- Boa dials designed for on-the-fly micro-adjustments
- SlipNot rubber toe and heel with 2-bolt cleat compatibility
- Item #SCQ000A
- Upper Material
- Dyneema Mesh [heel] PadLock
- Boa S3-Snap (CNC'd alloy)
- Body Geometry
- carbon plate [heel, toe] SlipNot rubber [cleat nut] titanium alloy
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
July 15, 2020
Form fitting but painful for some
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 3"
- 180 lbs
Fits like a glove and stiff. Although, the top boa buckle pulled right on the muscle/ligament that runs down the middle of my leg. Some say the tongue will 'break in' but this was breaking my foot before it broke in. I didn't overtighten the dials either. My other high end shoes has the boa dial positioned to the left of that muscle and have no pain with those. Might work for you, might not.
July 18, 2020
I've moved to MTB shoes for road as I like to be able to walk around at bathroom breaks and coffee shops. These are light and stiff and really good looking.