Roubaix Armadillo Elite Tire
- Endurance road tire reinforced with Armadillo Elite flat protection
- Slick center tread ensures low rolling resistance
- Shoulder sipes increase surface adaptation and grip
- 25mm casing smoothens rides while 23mm tread handles quickly
- Unique bead-to-bead casing adds puncture-resistance
- Gripton rubber compound gives traction on wet and dry surfaces
- Item #SCQ00BY
- 700c x 23mm / 25mm
- 115 - 125
- Claimed Weight
- 10.9oz (308g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
2 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 19, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
I got these from competitive cyclist for my New Caledonia 5. Had them mounted (tubed) on a set of Reynolds AR41 wheels. First impression&nice tire, comfortable feel, great handling and predictability. The 25's measure in at 28mm. 700 miles in& not particularly puncture resistant. Multiple flats in the first 700 miles on chip seal roads, no severe debris. INCREDIBLY difficult to mount and remove. So much so that, for me, they really aren't a good choice in the real world. My initial thought on the difficult mount was just to run them tubeless with sealant. But even tubeless and sealant can leave you with a flat and if you can't get the tire back on the rim, you're walking home. Bottom line&I'm dumping them.
Originally reviewed on Competitivecyclist.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help