Select style & size:Select options
Ibex Pro Crampon
- Splitboard crampon is lighter and thinner than the original Ibex
- Dual-width design nests crampons together for more compact packing
- Includes storage bag
- Compatible with the Arc, Surge, AfterBurner, Magneto, and Burton Hitchhiker Bindings
- Item #KRD000O
- Q & A
Lighter and more compact!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Coming from an older gen Spark R&D crampon, I'd say Spark has made big improvements on this, mainly the weight and packability. The PRO series just like the bindings, are much lighter!
The biggest thing I noticed is that they can actually fit into each other. The pack down small, one of the crampons is smaller than the other. And you can put the smaller one into the bigger one. Something the older gen lacked and felt flunky as well as taking up room in my pack. And having one slightly smaller does not affect or shouldn't worry you about possibly not fitting your split.
I went with the regular size (width of 138mm) I have a waist width of 259mm on my Weston Backwood Splitboard in a 160cm. 259mm divided by 2 (because you got two planks) you have two waist widths of 129.5mm. Having 5mm on each side with the crampons are a very good fit!
Feel free to reach out if you have questions on split gear!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Easy to put on and off without unstrapping. Super light and easy to throw in the bag. Haven't used them on the skin track yet.