The red route, or the blue route?
- Climbing shoe designed for beginning and expert gym climbers
- Flat last with stiff sole for beginner-friendly comfort
- Aggressive heel cup enhanced edging for intermediate routes
- Seamless upper with padded tongue for comfort
- Dark Matter rubber designed for the Navy Seals
- Vegan-friendly construction
- Item #SIH001W
- Q & A
Good fit and stick well, but warm
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have been looking for a pair of shoes that would replace my Evolv Bandits (I won't wear leather climbing shoes). These shoes fit great. I used the fit recommendations on their website (which are climbing rating based). I haven't had a chance to try them outdoor yet, but indoor the rubber feels just as good as Evolv trax rubber. They are a bit warmer than I'd like. It seems like the liner is the reason they are warm, but the liner keeps them from feeling slimy.
Edit: I've used them outside now on basalt (at Diablo Canyon in NM), and they stick really well to tiny basalt edges. I almost feel like it sticks better than evolv trax rubber, but I haven't had a chance to do a 1:1 comparison yet.
What size should I get if I'm a 6.5 women street shoe size?