Venture MIPS Helmet
Smith broadened its helmet line last season with new offerings appealing to trail riders on a budget and those just starting out. Once again, the crafty designers at Smith have managed to stuff a host of useful protection and comfort-enhancing features into the Venture MIPS Helmet while keeping its cost down, so you don't have to empty all of your funds for future bike upgrades and upcoming trips to iconic trail systems.
Emulating the more expensive Rover Helmet, the Venture MIPS Helmet is extremely lightweight and well-ventilated with its In-Mold construction, yet it doesn't sacrifice protection with its rugged polycarbonate shell and upgraded MIPS technology. Because it borrows its design from the more expensive Rover, Smith opted to leave out the honeycomb-like Koroyd inserts, which is a deliberate choice to keep the costs down into more affordable territory.
MIPS places a low-friction, elastomeric liner that disperses rotational forces before they're transferred through the helmet, which is a nice benefit to trail riders hurtling down technical, rock-lined trails at high speeds, especially at this price point. Looking onto the rest of the helmet, you'll find 20 optimized vents that rapidly disperse heat, an integrated visor to keep harsh sunlight and overhanging branches at bay, plus Smith's VaporFit system for a fine-tuned fit and feel.
- Balances coverage, comfort, and style for trail riders
- Takes inspiration from the more expensive Rover Helmet
- In-Mold construction is both lightweight and rugged
- MIPS dissipates rotational forces from angled impacts
- 20 optimized vents disperse heat to keep you cool
- VaporFit system provides a fine-tuned fit and feel
- Integrated visor blocks sunlight and pokey branches
- Item #SMI00HY
- Shell Material
- In-Mold (polycarbonate shell)
- Impact Foam
- EPS impact foam, MIPS low-friction liner
- AirEvac with 20 optimized vents
- Fit Adjustment
- VaporFit adjustable fit system
- integrated visor
- CPSC, CE EN 1078
- Claimed Weight
- [size medium] 12 oz (340 g)
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
September 16, 2020
A couple of small bumps...
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 4"
- 115 lbs
And it’s broken. It lasted all of 2 months before all the pegs on the visor were broken. A $119 helmet should be able to handle some bumps. Poor quality.
May 22, 2019
- I've used it several times
Great entry level helmet without all the unnecessary bells and whistles like adjustable visors. It has MIPS so you know it’s going to protect you as well as any helmet can.
September 26, 2018
Great out of the box
- I've put it through the wringer
Plenty of features to make this helmet a great bang for the buck. MIPS liner is a head saver and the plethora of vents keep my head cool. Looks good as well.
Flagged as inappropriate or irrelevant to the product. Click here to view.