The Scout Helmet delivers the look you want out of a hardshell brimmed helmet, but comes with all the features and technology that sets Smith helmets apart. Its Bombshell Construction is extremely durable and dent resistant to withstand high impacts. The Bombshell Earpads provide a comfortable seal from the outside elements on stormy, mid-winter days and can be removed when the hardpack turns to corn for maximum ventilation. If it's still cold out but you still need ventilation after deep turns on long runs, the AirEvac2 Ventilation system drives warm air away from the goggle area and through external vents to help keep you cool and to help prevent the dreaded goggle fog. Strategically placed vents also allow heat to escape while preventing cold air drafts from getting in and making you cold.
The Scout is equipped with Smith's Self-Adjusting Lifestyle Fit System. This system utilizes elastic in the rear of the liner that flexes with your head for a totally custom fit. It also keeps your goggles comfortably in place when you wear them under your helmet. As the Scout was designed for those pushing their limits, it is designed with some additional features to keep you going. Its beanie compatible construction allows you to layer up on cold days without compromising the fit or performance of the helmet while a removable goggle lock streamlines the look of the helmet or keeps your goggles in place when worn on the outside. Finally, the Scout is Outdoor Tech audio system compatible so you can listen to all your favorite jams while you dial in some new tricks.
- All-season hardshell brimmed helmet with renowned Smith tech
- Self-adjusting lifestyle fit system flexes with head for custom fit
- Bombshell Construction is extremely durable and dent resistant
- AirEvac2 ventilation drives warm air away through external vents
- Strategically placed vents offer climate control in all conditions
- Removable ear pads maximize cooling on spring days on the slopes
- Beanie compatible for extra warmth on cold mid-winter mornings
- Removable goggle lock securely holds goggles on outside of helmet
- Item #SMI00MT
- Shell Material
- Bombshell Construction (injection molded ABS)
- Impact Foam
- Audio Compatible
- Outdoor Tech
- AirEvac2, Airflow Climate Control
- Fit Adjustment
- self-adjusting Lifestyle Fit System
- ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 Class B
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 22, 2020
Not what I expected
- I returned this product before using it
I ended up returning this helmet for one reason. There is no adjustment to the sizing. I guess I didn't fully pay attention to the description, but I was expecting a dial adjustment, which is not a feature of this helmet. Although not nearly as important, the matte ink color is very dark and could pass as a black helmet.
December 19, 2019
- I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Bought it for a family member as an early Christmas present a couple weeks ago after they cracked their last helmet, since then they have used it more than 5 times already so I’d have to say it’s been the perfect gift!