Mission MIPS Helmet
Take on the next big objective with the Smith Mission MIPS Helmet. Built with the MIPS impact system, the helmet redirects energy during a fall by redirecting it into another direction. The EPS foam interior and polycarbonate shell exterior work together to help protect and fend off low hanging branches or hard packed snow. Adjustable ventilation allows for airflow to cool off the interior of the helmet, but can also be closed off during especially cold days when that extra warmth is wanted. If the day does tend to get too warm, the ear pads can be removed in order to dump extra heat and allow for additional climate control.
- A helmet for days spent at the resort and in the backcountry
- MIPS impact system redirects energy through impacts
- Hybrid EPS foam and polycarbonate shell helps protect from hits
- Adjustable ventilation control easily allows for changing airflow
- Earpads can be removed to dump heat on warm, bluebird days
- Dial adjustability creates a snug fit for lasting comfort
- Item #SMI00IS
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is such a great helmet! Of course the fit is great and has coverage where it needs to be. I was looking to use this night skiing and works perfect for it. The vents are plenty and the ability to close them up is a very nice touch. Plus the fleece lined ear pads definitely helps a ton! The dial gets the right custom fit to your head and having the MIPS system helps alleviate some of the stress.