Mission MIPS Helmet
Take on the next big objective with the Smith Mission MIPS Helmet. Built with the MIPS impact system, the helmet redirects energy during a fall by redirecting it into another direction. The EPS foam interior and polycarbonate shell exterior work together to help protect and fend off low hanging branches or hard packed snow. Adjustable ventilation allows for airflow to cool off the interior of the helmet, but can also be closed off during especially cold days when that extra warmth is wanted. If the day does tend to get too warm, the ear pads can be removed in order to dump extra heat and allow for additional climate control.
- A helmet for days spent at the resort and in the backcountry
- MIPS impact system redirects energy through impacts
- Hybrid EPS foam and polycarbonate shell helps protect from hits
- Adjustable ventilation control easily allows for changing airflow
- Earpads can be removed to dump heat on warm, bluebird days
- Dial adjustability creates a snug fit for lasting comfort
- Item #SMI00IS
- Shell Material
- Impact Foam
- Regulator Adjustable Climate Control, AirEvac 2
- Fit Adjustment
- Adjustable Dial Fit System
- ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
April 22, 2021
Painful to ears
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 5` 6"
- 142 lbs
Thick ear pads pressed against my ears and became so painful I was constantly trying to loosen the helmet and take it off on the ski lift despite the helmet being on the large side for me, in fact it was probably too large. Seems to run slightly larger than the Giro helmets. Dial to adjust the fit was clunky and very hard to use without gloves, much less with gloves, seems like it'll break. Vents were nice and functioned well. worked well with my smith goggles, I could tell the airflow was increased but some people find that cooler and thus uncomfortable despite improved anti-fogging.
December 29, 2018
- I've used it several times
This is such a great helmet! Of course the fit is great and has coverage where it needs to be. I was looking to use this night skiing and works perfect for it. The vents are plenty and the ability to close them up is a very nice touch. Plus the fleece lined ear pads definitely helps a ton! The dial gets the right custom fit to your head and having the MIPS system helps alleviate some of the stress.
March 19, 2021
Is this helmet audio compatible with Outdoor Tech Chips?