Quick and easy.
It's not always easy to decide what you're wearing when heading out on the trail, especially when you're trying to travel light but the wind is rolling those clouds back and forth across the sky in an ominous fashion. The Men's Smartwool PhD Ultra Light Sport Jacket takes some of the guesswork out of your preparations, and can be tucked away discretely in even the smallest packs. The nylon shell fabric is lightweight and treated with a DWR coating to block that pesky wind and shed any surprise showers that sprinkle your morning. Wool blend mesh panels at the pits and back help keep clamminess down as you're running through the weather patterns, drawing excess moisture away from your body and keeping odors to a minimum. Weighing less than five ounces, and packing down into its own chest pocket, you'll barely notice the jacket's presence, even if you simply clip it to your belt and go.
- Lightweight shell for ounce-counting hikers and trail runners
- Durable water resistant coating sheds light wind and rain
- Mesh panels at pits and back vent heat while you're on the move
- Wool facilitates wicking performance and resists pesky odors
- Packs down into pocket for easy stashing on fast-paced adventures
- Regular fit provides plenty of mobility for active wearers
- Item #SWL00ZI
- Q & A
Fit & Features
Learn more about the fit, features, and benefits of Smartwool's PhD Ultra Light jacket collection. #gofarfeelgood
Best ultralight jacket for travel
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 190lbs
I have purchased several jackets like this in the past that look great for travel, super light and packable but lack in breathability. The main fabric of this jacket is not breathable however they have used merino wool in areas where you need it the most, arm pits, and back. I also really liked the air channels in the shoulders that allowed air to flow in with out allowing too much weather in. I am 5'11" and 190 pounds and a large fit me fine.