PhD Pro Approach Light Elite Mini Sock
Designed for long approaches on faint trails, picking through steep scree fields, and spending long periods of time in the alpine, the Smartwool Men's PhD Pro Approach Light Elite Mini Sock is a dependable mountain partner. An extra helping of cushioning protects your feet against built-up friction from your shoes, while two different elastics work together to maintain the sock's shape and prevent uncomfortable bunching. Mapped mesh ventilation prevents your feet from overheating and soaking your socks as you work up steep switchbacks with your heavy pack. Smartwool completed this alpine-oriented accessory with a cushioned welt to protect your sensitive ankle bones from getting nipped by the soles of your shoes or bruised by stray rocks.
- Rugged sock for the vertically-oriented
- Extra cushioning protects against uncomfortable friction
- Two different elastics maintain shape and prevent bunching
- Mesh ventilation zones promote all-day dryness
- Virtually seamless toe feels smooth and comfortable in boot
- Cushioned welt protects ankle bones from shoe soles
- Item #SWL017H
- Q & A
Made for vertical life.
Its a good hiking sock, lots of cushion, and a nice raised crew cut so the boot cant unnecessarily rub up against the heel.
Thick in the back
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
These are great for hiking... got it thick back on the heal to help prevent the blisters from showing up.
Amazing Active Sock
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is a great sock, and the design of it makes it perfect for hiking of all varieties. The cushioned heel is great for the longer hikes, and it is surprisingly breathable. Overall another great active sock!
Smartwool PhD Pro Approach Socks
Learn more about the fit, features, and benefits of Smartwool PhD Pro Approach Socks. #gofarfeelgood