For sunny spring tours.
The Smartwool Men's Merino 150 1/4-Zip Baselayer can be worn layered under a light fleece during sunny spring ski tours or on its own during summer hikes. The lightweight merino wool fabric effectively manages moisture from sweat and is breathable enough to prevent overheating when the temperature is well above freezing. Increasing the overall durability of the shirt, Smartwool wrapped merino wool around a nylon core for the best of both worlds.
- Lightweight baselayer offers subtle warmth while skiing or hiking
- Core spun wool is durable and regulates body temperature
- Merino wool naturally resists odor after repeated wear
- Flat seams and offset shoulder seams reduce chafing
- Item #SWL00ZG
- Q & A
My preferred ski touring layer
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: L
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 200lbs
The merino wool on this thing wicks sweat like no other layer I've had. I love the 1/4 zip option on this thing too. Love letting the chest hair show when it's blue bird out and I'm hiking up hill but having the option to zip up if I'm getting a little to much sun. All in all, a great next to skin layer for it's wicking properties and feel on skin. Doesn't hold any stink either.