SlingFin BFD Tent: 4-Season 20-Person
Select style & size:Select options
Like the name states, the BFD Tent is a pretty big deal. The highest peaks of the world are calling and this expedition dome is yearning to get you to the top well-rested and ready for the next day's climb. This 4-season beast can provide shelter for a whopping 20 persons—plus their gear—or act as a centralized point at camp for meals or expedition planning. Interior o-rings provide plenty of options for hanging gear, drying sleeping bags, or securing guy lines. Five separate doors provide multiple access or exit points to keep congestion to a minimum, while multiple clear polymer windows provide ventilation and a view of outside conditions; the windows use a clear polymer film that's flexible down to -40F, won't yellow from UV exposure, and include ET70 window covers to reflect heat on sunny days.
Founded in 2010, SlingFin set out on a mission to produce the hardiest outdoor equipment possible, using high quality materials and a thoughtful design in order to deliver reliable shelter for alpine destinations. Made with high-strength, abrasion-resistant nylon fabric and a rugged dome design, the LFD Tent can withstand raging winds and blinding blizzards without failure. Custom-molded acetyl clips remain flexible down to temperatures of -40F, with shapes that are easy to operate even with gloves on. Their attachment points are reinforced using 3-layer ET70 sewn over a nylon core in order to withstand high winds. Plus, specifically to deal with the harsh sun of a thinner atmosphere, the fabric is treated with titanium dioxide in order to fend off UV radiation at high altitudes.
- A gargantuan base camp tent for large group alpine expeditions
- Everest-tested materials stand strong against heavy wind and snow
- 20-person capacity makes a great option for central planning
- Titanium dioxide coating defends against harsh high-altitude UV
- Five doors ensure easy traffic flow for large number of people
- Numerous windows provide airflow if camping in warmer weather
- Reflective grommets and alphanumerical labels ease the setup
- Employee-owned SlingFin is dedicated to durability and quality
- Item #SGF000A