Select style & size:Select options
Better than barefoot.
When the sun is shining and the temperatures are warm, pull on the Simms Riprap Shoe before a day of wandering the banks of your favorite trout stream. The perforated uppers drain and dry quickly, while fully enclosed design keeps debris out of the shoe. Plus, the Vibram StreamTread sole is specifically developed to cut through moss and grime for trustworthy traction in the river.
- Traction and comfort for fishing warmer waters
- Non-absorbent, perforated upper for quick drying and draining
- Vibram StreamTread outsole offers grip on slippery riverbeds
- Foam construction offers comfortable fit
- EVA footbed is quick-drying and anti-odor
- Fully enclosed design keeps debris out
- Simms products are developed in Bozeman, Montana
- Item #SMM008W
- Q & A
What were you thinking?
I'm not sure why Simms decided to change the design of the riprap shoe. I've gone through at least a dozen other water shoes and nothing even came close to those. I tried on the new style but didn't buy them. The price on the new ones went down $30 but I would have gladly spent that on the old design. I'm kicking myself for not buying an extra pair but with such positive reviews on the old style i didn't think they would change. Especially with something inferior. That's not usually the way Simms operates. Since I haven't used these on the stream I didn't think it was fair to only give it one star. The old style was 5+ stars.