Select style & size:Select options
Free gift with purchase!
Neoprene Wading Sock
Less is more.
Opt for the streamlined organization of the Simms G4 Pro Tactical Hip Pack when covering long stretches of river is essential to your fishing success. Taking a minimalist design ethos to heart, the G4 Pro Tactical Hip Pack saves maximum weight, so you can fish farther downstream and stay out longer without a tiresome pack holding you back.
Simms' legendary quality lies at the forefront of its design, as backed by its double ripstop construction for years of fishing dependability. It features a water-resistant finish and taped seams in critical areas— both preventing stream water from pouring into the bag's most vulnerable areas. Delving inside this tactical hip pack, the interior sports divider mesh pockets for harmonious organization of all your flies, tippets, and miscellaneous fishing gear.
- Streamlined hip pack for the ambitious fly fisherman
- Double ripstop construction for rugged durability
- DWR finish repels stream water from seeping through
- Interior dividers organize your flies, tippets, tools
- Simms water bottle keeps you hydrated on the water
- Magnetic tool access port for quick-access
- Holster keeps your pliers ready to deploy
- Based in Bozeman, Montana, Simms is a favorite of pro guides and avid fly fishermen
- Item #SMM009N
- Q & A
Simms thought about everything when it comes to this back. The pack allows you to be super organized which allows for a great work station while in the water. The shoulder strap help relives pressure off the hips for long days in the water. And the versatility of the pack is very nice. Different compartments and pockets throughout the pack makes it easy to pack whatever you need for that day on top of your fly gear: water bottles, compressible jackets, snacks, lunch. Whatever you need, this pack can fit it.
Perfect for Quick Trips
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
For a quick trip where you want to move fast, know the weather and know exactly what to bring, the Simms Tactical Hip Pack is perfect for carrying some water and a couple fly boxes to get yourself on the river to make a few casts.
This is much more efficient a solution than a bigger backpack or sling. I wouldn't recommend it for bigger waters or exploratory trips where you might want to bring a lunch and some added layers for warmth or for rain.