Combat the cold.
Built for those ice-in-the-guides days, the Simms Men's Downstream Jacket excels in wet, frigid conditions. Its Pertex Endurance fabric sheds water and stops wind, but the real story here is the strategically-mapped insulation. A blend of DWR-treated down and Primaloft Gold insulation, make this jacket lightweight, highly compressible, and capable of performing in the soggiest weather. Simms also mapped the insulation so there's more in the core where you need it most, and less in the sleeves and hood for added mobility and less bulk. Even when all your friends are bailing on fishing plans due to harsh winter conditions, the Downstream will always be up for a few hours on the river.
- Water-resistant and cold weather protection for fly fishing
- Pertex Endurance material is lightweight, yet tough
- PrimaLoft Gold and down blend insulation
- Strategically-mapped insulation
- Three-point adjustable storm hood
- Simms makes superior fishing gear from its home base in Bozeman, Montana
- Item #SMM008H
- Q & A
I really like this one!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 178lbs
So far I'm falling in love with this jacket. it great for cooler temps in the 30s F. I have been wearing it with minimal layers and it has kept me cozy. the material feels great, the pocket placement is really nice, and there is quite a bit of pocket space. I will be using this jacket quite extensively throughout the next couple months; i will update my review then. so far, my initial impressions are, this jacket is a winner!