Select style & size:Select options
Indulge in the summer moon.
Backpacking trips with your best friends or loved one is pretty easy with the Sierra Designs Summer Moon 3 Tent. At a mere four pounds, its light weight garners few complaints when it's passed around during travel, and while there might be even lighter models out there, you can't beat the low cost and light weight combination. It takes seconds to insert the two equal length poles into he corner grommet , and easy clips along the top make setup so simple you have more time to focus on a delicious camp-fire meal or relaxing exploration.
The fly on the Summer Moon 3 features a unique design. While the front side offers a full-coverage vestibule that keeps additional gear dry during a storm, the back is shortened for reduced weight. Where the fly ends, however, waterproof nylon on the tent begins, so there won't be soaked sleeping bags when the wind starts blowing the rain into a frenzy. A generous mesh panel on the body offers ventilation on hot nights, and plenty of viewing room for that gorgeous harvest moon. If the night's overcast, fear not—a little Night Glow bag attaches to the tent ceiling, so you can still light things up with your headlamp or flashlight.
- Lightweight dome tent for summer backpacking on a budget
- Heavy duty nylon at floor and on fly keeps you dry all night long
- Roomy design fits 3 at a lower weight than most 2-person tents
- Two-pole design is quick and easy to set up after a long day
- Generous mesh ventilation keeps you cool and offers stellar views
- Reduced fly size saves you excess weight on longer trips
- Night Glow accessory works with your headlamp to illuminate tent
- Item #SDS00A6
- Q & A
Sierra Designs Summer Moon!
This tent is amazingly affordable for such a lightweight construction