Select a Size
Select a Color
Sierra Down Jacket
When heading out for a backpacking expedition in the high alpine, be sure to pack along your Sierra Down Jacket by Sierra Designs. This convenient jacket, packs into its own zippered pocket for packing into backpacking packs and suitcases while still offering exceptional warmth with its 800-fill down. And with hydrophobic treated DriDown technology, this technical jacket is ideal for high altitudes that bring unexpected scattered showers. A drop-tail design extends your coverage while wearing a backpack and the two zippered hand pockets hold your headlamp safe while the hidden zippered chest pocket is dedicated to your lip balm.
- A packable down jacket for hiking in the alpine
- Lofty 800-fill down gives exceptional warmth at a light weight
- Hydrophobic down works to keep you dry when exposed to moisture
- Hidden zippered chest pocket holds small quick-grab essentials
- Packable design fits into its own zippered pocket for travel
- Item #SDS00AU
- [shell] 40D shadow rip polyester, [lining] 100% nylon
- 800-fill DriDown
- Fill Weight
- Center Back Length
- [external] 1 zippered chest, 2 zippered hand, [internal] 1 stash
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, casual, hiking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 5, 2018
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 6"
- 145 lbs
Based on the photo, I feared this jacket might be kind of boxy and bulky, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is very nicely fitted, and the cut is extremely flattering. I like that it is cut a little longer in the back to keep out drafts when moving around or wearing a backpack. The chest pocket is also a nice feature that tends to be present on men's packable jackets but harder to find on women's versions. Also, the item description doesn't even mention this but the jacket features nice, soft, fleecy cuffs inside in addition to the elasticized wristbands outside - double protection against the cold. Especially for the price, this seems like a very good quality jacket and is also very warm while not feeling at all bulky. My usual size M is a perfect fit with plenty of room to layer a sweater or fleece underneath.
November 13, 2018
- I've used it several times
I love this jacket. It is not too bulky but is still plenty warm enough for northern California winter. The inner sleeve cuffs are a neat design. I am 5' 8", 130 lbs and the small fits better than the medium.