Scattered alpine showers? No problem.
When heading out for a backpacking expedition in the high alpine, be sure to pack along your Sierra Down Jacket by Sierra Designs. This convenient jacket, packs into its own zippered pocket for packing into backpacking packs and suitcases while still offering exceptional warmth with its 800-fill down. And with hydrophobic treated DriDown technology, this technical jacket is ideal for high altitudes that bring unexpected scattered showers. A drop-tail design extends your coverage while wearing a backpack and the two zippered hand pockets hold your headlamp safe while the hidden zippered chest pocket is dedicated to your lip balm.
- A packable down jacket for hiking in the alpine
- Lofty 800-fill down gives exceptional warmth at a light weight
- Hydrophobic down works to keep you dry when exposed to moisture
- Hidden zippered chest pocket holds small quick-grab essentials
- Packable design fits into its own zippered pocket for travel
- Item #SDS00AU
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I love this jacket. It is not too bulky but is still plenty warm enough for northern California winter. The inner sleeve cuffs are a neat design. I am 5' 8", 130 lbs and the small fits better than the medium.