Ski & Ride Guide—
Select Style & Size:
ZEE RD-M640 Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur
Chain slap is something we all have to live with, but Shimano's ZEE RD-M640 Shadow Plus makes it a whole lot less cringe-inducing by including its now-famous clutch technology. By increasing spring tension when it's engaged, the clutch reduces slap and the risk of dropping a chain, making it a killer choice for riders who spend decent chunks of their time pounding through rock gardens and over rugged trails. When the clutch is off, the reduced tension makes it easy to pop the derailleur out of the way for wheel removal. It's made of aluminum and steel, so it's durable enough to be knocked around with no ill effects, and comes in both a DH and Freeride model, so you can dial it in for the type of riding you do most often.
- Rear derailleur for 10-speed gravity mountain bikes
- Short-cage accommodates up to a 36-tooth cog in free-ride
- Quieter drive train and chain stability with Shadow RD+
- Low profile design tucks up to avoid close calls on trail
- Compatible with 10-speed Shimano mountain shifters
- Item #SHI002H
- aluminum, steel
- Pull Type
- Cage Length
- Cassette Range
- [freeride] 11-32t (36t maximum), [dh] 11-28t (28t maximum)
- HG-X 10-speed chain, 36t cassette (maximum), Shimano 10-sp mountain shifters
- Claimed Weight
- 9.7oz (275g)
- Recommended Use
- mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4.5 based on 10 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.