Our Ski & Ride Guide—
Select Style & Size:
Why We Like The Ultegra WH-RS500 Road Wheelset
We would never think of riding a mountain or gravel bike that wasn't shod with tubeless tires. The ability to run lower pressures and the increased flat prevention can't go unnoticed. While it's been a little bit slower to catch on with the road set, more road tubeless tires are currently available, and the technology, materials, and reliability have vastly improved. Shimano has been on the forefront of road tubeless know-how from the get-go and the Japanese bicycle component manufacture has been delivering tubeless road wheel options for over a decade. The durable Ultegra-level WH-RS500 wheelset adds to Shimano's current lineup and brings road tubeless to the masses is weighing in at just 1649 grams and built for rim brake use.
- One of the best all-around wheelsets for racers on a budget
- Aluminum rims offer great braking performance
- Tubeless-ready design alloys for more plush traction
- Steel freehub is durable and prevents cogs from digging in
- Cup-and-cone bearings are user friendly to maintain
- Compatible with 11-speed drivetrains, or 9- and 10-speed with included spacer
- Item #SHI00FT
4.5 based on 8 ratings
Fits SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.