New Styles, More Savings:
Select Style & Size:
Ultegra ST-R8000 STI Shifters
Shimano's Ultegra is often thought of as a budget racer's group or one that was worthy to put on a top tier frame helping to bring the total price down. This latest version performs so flawlessly that unless you are just dead-set on Dura-Ace, you should seriously consider the Ultegra 8000 group. Because it's a serious drivetrain for serious cyclists. The Ultegra ST-R8000 STI Shifters have enough DNA from the new 9100 shifters—themselves perhaps the pinnacle of mechanical shifting—that you will have a hard time separating them as twins.
The lever body is made from Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP), like the 9100, but the main lever blade is also CFRP rather than the carbon fiber found on 9100. On the scale and in your wallet, you're looking at a 73g and $200 increase. Despite the different materials, the brake reach adjustment has still been increased to fit more hand sizes. Included in that price of admission is the excellent SP41 cable housing and polymer-coated stainless steel cables. The new hoods are also a direct descendant from 9100 and the texture and rubber compound make them an enjoyable hand-hold with or without gloves and during any season.
- Road race shift levers that tackle gravel and training miles
- Lighter, more precise action than predecessors
- Shorter lever stroke requires less effort and pressure
- Improved ergonomics provide easier braking from the hoods
- Includes SP41 housing and polymer coated cables
- Great value controls that are reliable for many miles
- Item #SHI00G7