Traditional road shoes have their place on training rides and long tarmac epics, but adventurous commuters and touring enthusiasts are usually left searching in vain for something more fitting of their ride objectives. The Shimano Women's SH-RT5 Cycling Shoes blend much-needed walkability, efficient power transfer, and comfort into an understated throwback aesthetic that turns heads at the coffee shop for all the right reasons.
Shimano fashions the RT5's upper from synthetic leather and adds three hook-and-loop straps for an easily adjustable, customizable fit. Perforations add texture to the styling while increasing ventilation on rides in warm weather. Underfoot, a glass fiber-reinforced shank stiffens the sole for effective power transfer while a full-length rubber outsole provides sure-footed grip when you dismount from your touring rig or commuter. As a final touch, reflective hits across the shoe provide 360-degree visibility as you finish evening errands around town or ride through the countryside to a dazzling sunset.
- Stylish and functional shoe for commutes and road rides
- Glass-fiber/nylon sole blends stiffness with comfort
- Rubber outsole provides traction and walkability
- Durable synthetic upper wraps feet in soft comfort
- Three hook-and-loop straps provide a secure fit
- Compatible with 2-bolt mountain bike cleats
- Item #SHI00CT
- Q & A
Indoor Cycling Game Changer
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I purchased these mainly for indoor cycling classes. The brown is much prettier in person than pictured. It's almost like a dark taupe, and will do much better than the white in hiding dirt and stains from the equipment. Note that if you are using these to clip into SPD pedals on the stationary bikes, you also need to purchase the SPD cleats (they're about $15 on here - search for Shimano SPD and you'll see em!). Say goodbye to smelly rental shoes from your local cycling studio, and say hello to the prettiest shoes you'll ever pump pedals with.
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
Bought these shoes for a christmas present for a friend. They loved them.