SH-MT7 Mountain Bike Shoe
We love the performance benefits of a stiff-soled cycling shoe, but for riding applications that involve a certain degree of walking or hike-a-biking, a more comfortable option makes sense. Built with mountain touring in mind, the Shimano SH-MT7 Mountain Bike Shoe is a perfect companion for trail riding, bikepacking expeditions, or even just commuting to and from work. With a Boa closure, grippy outsole, and breathable synthetic uppers, we're impressed with how much technology Shimano packs into a shoe at this price point.
Shimano constructs the shoe with durable synthetic leather uppers for longevity, which are infused with mesh inserts to let your foot breathe on hot days or during intense riding efforts. The Boa L6 closure delivers a quick, easily-adjustable fit that provides even tension across your foot, all at the turn of a dial. Moving to the bottom of the shoe, Shimano uses a flexible half-length shank in the sole, paired with a shock-absorbing EVA midsole for the right balance of efficient power transfer and comfortable walkability. All of this is bonded to a rubber outsole for sure-footedness on those mandatory hike-a-bike sections.
- A versatile cycling shoe built with mountain touring in mind
- Synthetic leather uppers are durable and breathable
- Boa closure offers simple adjustability with even tension
- Flexible sole has walkable comfort for bikepacking & hiking
- EVA midsole provides pedaling efficiency and shock-absorption
- Rubber outsole delivers grip on hike-a-bike portages
- Item #SHI00JU