Built for bikepacking.
When rolling into a beautiful campground nestled among the high mountain evergreens, it's nice to know you're wearing your Shimano Men's SH-MT5 Cycling Shoes to cover the unrideable trek to your evening's accommodations. Designed with outdoor adventuring in mind and appearing stealthily like an everyday athletic shoe, the SH-MT5s blend comfortable walkability with cleat-compatibility so you'll be comfortable in and out of the saddle. With an outsole stiffness rating of four, the SH-MT5 falls solidly on the comfortable touring side of the spectrum. They're durably built for functionality through long hours in the saddle, while setting up camp on foot, and hanging at any coffee shops you spot along the route.
The SH-MT5's synthetic upper is perforated for increased ventilation, with rubber reinforcement around the toe box for stability and protection. A speed-lace system spans the top of the shoe for easy adjustment and a customized fit, and a hook-and-loop strap across the top of the foot holds the laces in place and provides an extra dose of support. Underfoot, a rubber outsole provides grippy traction over rocks, roots, damp staircases, and other obstacles, while shock-absorbing EVA foam increases comfort on and off the bike.
- A casually-styled cycling shoe for bikepacking adventures
- Reinforced shank plate provides efficient power transfer
- Outsole provides grip and walkability during hike-a-bikes
- Perforated upper with durable reinforcement
- Quickly adjust fit with a speed lace closure with hook-and-loop security strap
- Two-bolt cleat compatible
- Item #SHI00D1