SH-ME4 Mountain Bike Shoe
Built for high performance at a high value, the SH-ME4 Mountain Bike Shoe packs technical features and durability into a shoe that's ready to dominate the trail. Whether it's long miles in the backcountry, quick laps on your local trails, or dabbling in enduro racing, the ME4 is tough enough for any off-road undertakings while remaining friendly on the wallet.
The shoe is constructed from a high-density synthetic leather upper that is comfortable against your foot and withstands repeated scrapes from rocks and other trail obstacles. The upper is also perforated to ensure your foot doesn't get too warm when you're spinning up a tough climb. The closure uses a Boa dial for quick and precise micro-adjustments, paired with offset hook-and-loop straps that relieve tension at the highest part of the foot, avoiding pressure points and numbness. Frankly, we're impressed to see a Boa closure at this price point.
Moving to the bottom of the shoe, a glass fiber reinforced midsole rates at a five on Shimano's stiffness scale. It gives you efficient power transfer to the pedals, but also allows some torsional flex between the heel and toe box for comfort when you're throwing your bike into corners and navigating tricky descents. The lightweight rubber outsole offers traction on all surfaces, and features a wide cleat adjustment range of +10mm fore and -13mm aft so you can dial in the perfect position for your 2-bolt cleats.
- High performance, high value shoe for trail and enduro
- Durable synthetic uppers resist abrasion and impacts
- Boa dial allows quick and precise micro-adjustments
- Offset straps relieve tension at highest point of foot
- Lightweight rubber outsole offers traction on any surface
- Midsole efficiently transfers power to the pedals
- Midsole has some engineered flex for fluidity controlling the bike
- Item #SHI00JM