SH-GR5 Mountain Bike Shoe
- Mountain bike shoe provides traction and stiffness for pedaling
- Mesh wicks away moisture and encourages evaporation
- Perforations encourage additional ventilation
- Sticky rubber provides traction on and off the bike
- Flat soles have more surface area for off-bike travel
- EVA midsole provides lightweight cushion
- AM Footwear tech maximizes rigidity for efficient power transfer
- Item #SHI00JH
- Q & A
not sure yet...
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
first obstacle was figuring out my European shoe size. i'm a true 7 and I had to get the 39's. they are much wider than my current mtb shoes, but they look great. the neon pink laces pop against the charcoal grey. I rode out with these in 28 degree weather and i feel that may have impacted how they performed. i found myself to be slipping off the pedals constantly. but again i think they were hard from the cold weather and weren't letting the pedal bite into them. they fit great, nice and cushy, but I'd have to try them out in warmer weather to see if they stick better or i may just go back to my adidas terrex.
After an initial ware in period, these shoes are gripy. I also switched out the pedals on my fattie to the race face chesters because I noticed the pedals on the trail bike didn't have the same issue with these sneakers. only thing ive noticed is the tip of the shoe is very hard and it presses down on my big toe. so eventually after an hour or 2 or riding it will get sore or numb. maybe going up a size or half size would help.