Select Style & Size
105 ST-R7025 Hydraulic STI Shifter and Disc Brake Caliper
Shimano's 105 7000-series groupset feels more in line with Ultegra and Dura-Ace than ever before, especially when it comes to the 105 ST-R7025 Hydraulic STI Shifter and Disc Brake Caliper. While Shimano's previous 105-level RS505 hydraulic levers did their braking job just fine, the ergonomics weren't stellar and shifting wasn't quite as responsive as their mechanical counterparts. These revised R7025 levers have improved ergonomics for more comfortable braking, and feature a shorter lever throw for crisper shifting compared to the previous generation. The new R7070 caliper offers consistent braking performance and better heat dissipation than the previous generation, which is due in part to the inclusion of Ice-Tech brake pads.
Compared to the current standard-size R7020 hydraulic levers, these R7025 levers are a bit smaller and the reach is 4mm closer to the handlebar. This allows riders with smaller hands to brake comfortably without needing to rotate their hands forward to grab the lever, resulting in more control when braking.
- Shimano 105 R7025 hydraulic shifter/lever & R7070 flat-mount caliper
- Enjoy the power and control of hydraulic disc brakes on or off-road
- Brake lever ergonomics are improved compared to previous generation
- Caliper offers strong braking and improved heat dissipation
- R7025 lever has 4mm shorter reach and smaller lever blade than R7020
- Same light shifting operation as top-tier Ultegra & Dura-Ace
- Comes pre-bled, but bleeds are easy and clean
- Rotors and brake adapters not included
- Item #SHI00NO
- Shimano 105 ST-R7025 11-speed
- Lever Adjustability
- Shimano 105 BR-R7070
- Mount Type
- mineral oil
- not included
- Rotor Size
- 140 - 160mm
- Recommended Use
- cyclocross, gravel, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
July 23, 2020
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought
- 4` -11"
- 110 lbs
I have a Specialized Ruby Elite 2017. It came with mechanical disc brakes. The levers were too hard to reach from hoods but just got use to it and was disappointed with disc brakes at that point.. I am 5 ft tall woman and was looking for levers for Small Hand Lever/Shifter. The Shimano 105 R7025 (make sure it is R7025) Hydraulic disc with new rotors. Amazing I can use on finger on the pull of brakes from the hoods and the shifting is better than my previous 105 mechanical disc brakes. You can adjust the lever in even more up to 8 clicks with a 2.5 mm hex on the side of the hood. no shim needed any more. This is what I thought I was getting with the other brakes. No way. Finally something for a woman's reach. The cost was worth it I love my bike's comfort in handling. You don't have to replace the rotors but I went for the full Ice technology, which you can read about on your own.