Select Style & Size
The Glider, much like the rest of the saddles in SMP's lineup has a distinctive drop nose, helping relieve pressure over soft tissue regions. This design also promotes more comfort while in an aero position, since there's less pressure as you reach for the drops, letting your pelvis roll forward while maintaining a flatter back. This Glider model is built on a carbon-reinforced shell with alloy rails to balance strength, weight, and price.
- A saddle for long-mile comfort and racing alike
- Slightly wider than the versatile Stratos model
- Inclusion of carbon rails drops grams and boosts comfort
- Dropped nose and central channel alleviate pressure
- Raised tail coaches hips into efficient pedaling position
- Light padding focuses on comfort without bounciness
- Item #SLLA00U
- stainless steel AISI, 7.1 mm
- carbon-reinforced nylon 12
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- road cycling, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
November 18, 2020
Great saddle if it works for you
- I've put it through the wringer
- 5` 11"
- 155 lbs
I have 6 or 7 of these saddles. If it works for you, you'll end up migrating your whole fleet over to these. The leather and padding hold up very well over time. Of all my bikes, I have one CX bike that the padding is starting to break down, but that particular SMP glider is probably 7 or 8 years old with lots of really abusive conditions thrown at it. The one on my road bike probably has 15,000+ miles on it, plus a ton of indoor trainer time and it still in very good condition. The most recent one that I purchased is Fluro Yellow, and it is your standard day-glow you see from every other company. You could light up a room its so bright.