Select Style & Size
Drakon Carbon Rail Saddle
Selle SMP saddles look unique for a reason and we've simply lost count of how many cyclists we've heard sing the praises of the brand. The Drakon model is one of its most popular and champions the brand's ethos of eliminating the all-too-common discomfort issue of excessive pressure at the perineum region and surrounding soft tissue. It contains Selle SMP's innovative designs for pressure-free support in the saddle which ultimately leads to more comfort over longer rides while this Drakon Carbon Rail Saddle version benefits from carbon rails to drop grams and help soak up road imperfections.
The Drakon is best suited for cyclists with medium-width sit bones, who find their pant size between 33 to 37-inches at the waist and favor a fairly minimal amount of padding. At the front of the saddle is the characteristic "beak" shape designed to promote a flat base while seated, without excessive pressure. The other signature SMP feature is its pronounced central channel which further reduces pressure on the pudendal nerve and surrounding soft tissue. Moving to the back of the saddle, it receives a pronounced rocker for support on climbs and helps divide body weight between the rear and lower part of the ischial tuberosity region, also known as the sit bones. This shape also helps reduce overall pressure on the coccyx, or tailbone, while riding over rough surfaces.
The saddle's foam elastomer padding is wrapped in soft, genuine leather and sits atop a durable nylon/carbon composite shell riding on carbon fiber rails, ensuring a comfortable perch that'll hold up for road, tri and mountain applications.
The Selle SMP Drakon Carbon is available in one size, 276 x 138mm, is handmade in Italy and has a claimed weight of 270 grams.
- A unique cycling saddle that adds comfort on any ride
- The saddle's shape and profile fits average width sit bones
- Minimal padding provides a better feel for the road
- A dropped nose and central channel alleviate pressure
- The raised tail provides a platform on the climbs
- The leather cover is soft and hard-wearing
- Carbon rails and composite body ensure longevity and drop weight
- Item #SLL0010
- unidirectional carbon fibre
- carbon reinforced nylon 12
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, gravel, road cycling, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?