Select Style & Size
You—and everyone else—can recognize Selle SMP saddles at a glance, but can you explain why they look so distinctive? Selle didn't design the beaked nose, high back, and large central channel for no reason, after all, and while all the above are common features on Selle saddles, each has been tailored to fit specific riding styles, anatomies, and disciplines. The Composit Road Saddle, for example, employs the same shape and materials as the SMP4BIKE series, but it ditches the foam to better suit aggressive road riders with narrow to average pelvises.
The lack of foam makes the Composit slightly less cushy, but that's not a racer's primary concern. More important are support and stiffness, which the Composit delivers via an elastomer nylon and carbon composite shell. The beaked nose provides more space for your twig 'n' berries, and the pronounced center channel relieves pressure on other soft tissue areas so you can sit comfortably without loading up on padding. The raised "whale tail" back gives you something to push against, and the durable steel rails handle years of hard riding without getting loose or losing strength.
- Race saddle for riders with narrow to average pelvises
- Elastomer nylon and carbon composite shell for support
- No padding to ensure a low profile and low weight
- Choose between leather (black) or microfiber (brown) cover
- Stainless steel rails for strength and corrosion resistance
- Beaked nose lets you shift your weight forward in comfort
- Raised back gives you a platform to push against
- Central channel relieves pressure in the perineum region
- Item #SLL000X
- elastomer nylon/carbon
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- cycling, mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
June 12, 2019
- I've used it several times
...leather, what could better! Fit and finish on this saddle is perfection as only the Italians can do it! The saddle is designed for optimal blood flow to eradicate potential numbness and discomfort. Have had it on the trainer and the road and was very pleased with the comfort it provided...particularly on longer rides. Great for Gran Fondo's and Century's. Highly recommend!