Select Style & Size
Avant Carbon Saddle
In its over 70 years of saddle production, Selle SMP has learned two things, make them comfortable and make them durable. One thing that hasn't particularly stood out about the brand was any lightweight offerings, but with its newest carbon railed saddle offerings, the grams have come down. The Men's Avant Carbon Saddle is the latest version boasting carbon rails, dropping some 50-grams over the steel railed version, and it features a wide profile (SMP recommends your pant size be between 34 and 39-inches) and its highest level of elastomer foam padding. So if you enjoy long rides on your road, mountain, or tri bike and can get "behind" the above dimensions and padding level, your quest for the ideal saddle might end here.
The Avant is built with wide sit bones in mind, and with its strategic cutout and signature dropped nose, it helps to relieve pressure on soft tissues and places it on your aptly named sit bones. This is especially helpful when "on the rivet" and sitting further forward on the saddle attempting to turn the pedals over in anger. The cover features soft, genuine leather that’s long wearing and has embroidered branding offering a touch of elegance and some functional grip. The cover and padding are placed above the carbon-reinforced nylon shell, providing a sturdy foundation for years to come and blending lightweight-ness with the ability to soak up road chatter.
- A wider saddle for endurance riding
- Carbon shell and rail provides a firm platform that cuts road noise
- Drop nose and central channel stress comfort across the saddle
- 100% of materials and the saddle itself are made in Italy
- Genuine leather is soft and long-wearing
- Wide shell and ample padding for cyclists with wide hips and sit bones
- Item #SLL000U
- unidirectional carbon fiber
- carbon reinforced nylon 12
- Seat Length
- Seat Width
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- cross-country, gravel, road cycling, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?