Select style & size:Select options
SP-01 Tekno Superflow Saddle
The SP-01 Tekno Superflow Saddle is the lightest option in Selle Italia's Special Performance line of saddles. By using high-modulus carbon fiber rails paired with a full carbon shell, Selle Italia is able to achieve a feathery weight of 140g (S3 width) while retaining the adaptive rear frame design that allows independent flexing of the left and right sides of the saddle. This design allows the saddle to more comfortably support the alternating movements of your hips while pedaling, without compromising stability during more intense efforts. This technology is paired with a large center cutout that relieves perineal pressure and improves blood flow to the area, helping to reduce numbness or pain on big days in the saddle.
Oval carbon rails offer some vibration damping to smooth rough roads, while the carbon shell provides plenty of support for hard intervals or sprints. The full carbon construction keeps the weight impressively low, but it does mean this saddle comes with an advised 90kg (198lb) weight limit and is recommended for road cycling use only. The SP-01 Tekno Superflow Saddle comes in two sizes to accommodate most rider's sit bone widths, and uses Selle Italia's signature Fibra-Tek microfiber cover that resists tearing and abrasion for outstanding long-term durability.
- A sleek, featherweight saddle with a unique flex-engineered design
- Tail flexes independently to support hip movement while pedaling
- Center cutout relieves perineal pressure for comfort on long rides
- Carbon rails are impressively light and help absorb road vibration
- Full carbon shell provides a lightweight and supportive platform
- Tough microfiber cover resists abrasion and is built to last
- Recommended for road use only, max rider weight 198lb
- Item #SEL002T
- Q & A
It's What the Doctor ordered
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
My aging body needed the extended 'Super Flo' cut-out section: it prevents most of my peritoneal numbness on 50 mi. rides. I also notice that I have less post ride numbness in my right Gluteal area while riding on the independent flex saddle and no post-ride pain in my right leg.
The saddle is comfortable as well as therapeutic.