sale $479.97 $799.9540% Off
One-and-done tours have never been your forte. Whether you're venturing into the alpine when conditions are clear or lapping low-angle pow below treeline on a storm day, you require a boot that will keep you moving quickly up the mountain and having a blast all the way back down—the Scott S1 Carbon Longfiber Alpine Touring Boot. Keeping the boot light during long tours and seemingly endless switchbacks, the S1's shell is composed of a Grilamid material that is able to maintain the stiff, responsive feel of an alpine boot while requiring less material than a traditional polyurethane shell. To reduce weight even more, Scott added its Carbon Longfiber material to the tongue and frame to maintain rigidity once locked into ski mode.
Scott decided to buck trends when it came time to equip the S1 with a walk mode. Instead of placing the mechanism along the back of the cuff, it put it at the front of the boot where it can be quickly engaged as you tighten the buckles during transitions. The S1 liner was designed with backcountry touring in mind. As such, it's made from from a quick-drying material, so you won't have to worry about it being wet and cold when you wake up one morning on a hut trip to find your liners were moved away from that prime piece of real estate in front of the wood stove.
- Stiff alpine touring boot excels at long tours and big descents
- Aggressive 120 flex drives stiff or wide backcountry touring skis
- Roomy 101mm last balances comfort with performance for the up and down
- 60-degree cuff rotation allows ankle to move naturally while skinning
- Ski/walk mode located on the front of boot for smooth transitions
- Lugged rubber sole clings to snowy bootpacks and windblown ridges
- Dynafit-certified tech inserts fit any pin-style tech binding
- Item #SCO00Q5
Grilamid, Powerlite Carbon Longfiber
[single, size 26.5] 1330g
backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering
limited 2 years