Lighter than thou.
Tipping the scales at a paltry 245 grams (for a size 8.5), the Scott Men's Road RC SL Shoe satisfies the most discerning of cyclists with its minimalist design philosophy, plus the incredible power transfer of an HMX Carbon sole. Occupying top status in Scott's hierarchy of cycling footwear, the Road RC SL Shoe caters to professional racers and competitive cyclists seeking the best in comfort and a seamless fit, all while shaving every last gram in the name of go-fast efficiency.
The RC SL Shoe places emphasis on a glove-like fit with dual Boa IP-1 dials wrapping the upper precisely around your foot without pressure points plaguing you throughout your riding efforts. The upper is comprised of Carbitex fabric, which uses a woven carbon structure to increase its overall stiffness and support, but without adding much in weight. And seeing that Carbitex isn't breathable, Scott places airy mesh panels in strategic locations to prevent overheating.
Continuing its carbon-stacked construction, the RC SL Shoe places an HMX carbon sole underfoot for unrelenting power transfer and lightweight efficiency. Unlike much of the competition's offerings, this carbon sole features a Corecell foam core that reduces weight from the carbon itself. This foam core sole proves just how far Scott has gone to shave weight from this shoe, seeing a full carbon sole wasn't light enough for their tastes.
- Fusion of featherweight efficiency and unrelenting power
- Dual Boa IP-1 dials for a seamless fit with micro-adjustments
- Ultra-stiff HMX carbon sole with foam core to reduce weight
- Carbitex upper increase stiffness and reduces overall weight
- Breathable mesh panels in key areas to prevent overheating
- ErgoLogic footbed with adjustable arch and metatarsal pads
- Item #SCO00RK